As an employee-oriented company, PBS offers an outstanding benefits package. Highlights include:
- Generous medical benefits including health, dental and vision care;
- 17 days of vacation leave annually, accrued every pay cycle at 5.67 hours;
- 12 days of sick leave annually, accrued every pay cycle at 4.0 hours;
- 8 hours of Volunteer Time, which employees can use for their personal support of a non-profit or community program;
- After a year of service, PBS invests the equivalent of 8% of an employee’s semi-monthly income each pay-period in a 403(b) retirement plan;
- 11 paid holidays, to include New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving (2 days), Christmas (2 days);
- Educational benefits, including tuition reimbursement; and
- A pre-tax transit benefit and flexible spending account administered through WageWorks.
Benefits are effective the 1st of the month after the hire date.
PBS’s Wellness Program is designed to educate and promote well-being. We offer many activities that encourage and empower staff to engage in a healthy lifestyle:
- Our annual Wellness Fair invites staff to participate in fun activities while learning more about the wellness perks offered through our benefits vendors;
- PBS hosts periodic on-site blood drives and offers an annual on-site flu shot;
- Throughout the year, staff can win prizes by participating in friendly fitness competitions;
- Staff participate together in various local marathons, walking and cycling events;
- As part of our benefits package, PBS staff are eligible for discounted memberships at local gyms;
- PBS facilitates on-site seminars for staff to learn about healthy eating, mindfulness, and other wellness topics.